Thursday, February 22, 2018

Happy belated Valentine's Day, diorama style

Is it too late for a Valentine's?  Is it ever too late?  Unfortunately, we all know the answer to that now....yes.

I still thought I'd share these diorama Valentines cards with you.  I'm glad my grandkids are safe and sound.

I'd been playing around with diorama cards lately after watching this video.  These cards fold flat for mailing but stand up nicely to display and can have several layers.

Here's the first card I made after watching the video and I used the dimensions it suggested.  

From there I made adjustments.  It's nice to have the inspiration and then adjust it to make it yours.

I ended up stamping, coloring and cutting lots of pieces, then rearranging them in the little scenes before I was happy with their placement.  These Valentines used stamps and dies by Penny Black and Lawn Fawn. 

Hopefully you can see more of the 3D aspect in these photos:
And maybe this gives you the idea of how they flatten for mailing:


These square cards are nice to shows off Bijou tiles... or other bits of magic.   I used spellbinders dies to cut the heart, bracket square and hexagon, but really, you could use a stencil or template and cut it out too.  They appear to be 4 1/4 inch square cards until flattened for mailing and then they fit an a2 envelope perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by.

Power to the children.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it is ever too late to show someone you love them. The cards are really beautiful. The photos of them standing up show the 3D aspect very well. Really, really love the heart cards. Terry

    ReplyDelete