Friday, January 19, 2018

Toodles - and being open to change

Sometimes I start out with a plan, but it's always a good idea to stay open to change.  I started with this die cut, The Sweetest Sound II by Penny Black, that I colored with Copic markers.  I wanted it to be a  "string" for a tile so I traced around it onto an apprentice tile.  I added Diva Dance (Zentangle® video) and Toodles (new tangle Zentangle video), alternating both until it looked complete.

But when I held the die back up to the tile, it just seemed to get lost.  I decided to try a second layer of the die behind the first and added a dark walnut ink to the second die so I could use it slightly offset as a shadow for the first.  But something odd happened.  Somehow the scrap of cardstock was damaged and the ink wouldn't stick to it evenly. The more ink I added, the more pronounced the "hotspot".  But it was so pretty!  I held it next to the tile and, yup, that's the one...to use alone!  The Copic one will just have to wait for another project...... 
Diva Dance and Toodles in Sepia micron with colored pencil. Die cut added using Distress Oxide ink.  

Zentangle and life lessons.  

Toodles.

1 comment: