Friday, November 3, 2017

Inktober 2017 (1of 2)

I have heard about and seen some participation in Inktober in the past, but not participated myself.  This year I thought I'd give it a go.

If you are unfamiliar with it, Jake Parker started it in 2009 as a way to improve his inking skills and develop positive drawing habits by picking up a pen and drawing every day during the month of October. It has grown into a worldwide event with thousands participating!  Please check out the link above for more information including his list of daily prompts for October 2017.  

Although I wanted to participate, I was a little intimidated about getting something done every day.  So, I decided to go small, challenging myself to draw in each calendar square of my bullet journal.  Each square is approximately one inch.  In hind sight, I wish I had gone just a tad larger, but I was successful!  I posted updates to the Zentangle® Mosaic ap. Sorry I wasn't able to keep up with daily posts here, but you get the better(?), all-over (or half over in this post) view!  Here is the first half as I thought it was too many photos not to split it into two posts. Enjoy! 
My initial calendar which is a variation of 1/2 Orbs.  This pattern is easy and makes a great calendar grid!
Day 1 prompt Swift (look for daily prompts in parentheses in the duration of my post...or on the calendar itself) tangle is Riverstones.

(Divided) Tangle:  Funsin
(poison)
(Underwater) Gnarly
(long) one long line of Amaze.  There aren't online instructions for Amaze.  In this version the line doesn't touch, however you can also just do one overlapping squiggly line.  
(Sword)  Knightspeek for Knightstar ;-)

(Shy) Bijou hiding in Skwim.
(Crooked) Static (I don't believe there are online instructions for this one either, however if you've attended a beginners class for Zentangle you've likely learned this one.  If you haven't been to class, maybe you should! ;-)
(Screech) Needing to follow Bijou's advice to Stop, Btreath, and go on.  
(gigantic) To Infinity and beyond, of course!
(running) MoFins, because it just keeps going and going...
(shattered) Shard
(teeming) teeming with Tipple!
(fierce) Dragonair
(mysterious) There's nothing more mysterious to me than how crisscrossing lines make up Oblique.  Again, no official instructions online but it's pretty self evident.  Or, see your local CZT!

All of the ink is done with microns.  Shading is done with a combination of colored pencils and graphite pencil.  

Hope you return for the second half!







No comments:

Post a Comment