Saturday, June 10, 2017

Inspiration is good!

Terry's card
Isn't this a beautiful card?  It's NOT one I made...Terry, a friend of mine made it while enjoying an afternoon of die cutting at my home.  She had pre made the background piece using Distress sprays. Isn't it just gorgeous? And the die cut flower silhouettes really set it off.  They are Wildflowers by Tim Holtz for Sizzix.  The dotted rectangle die is by Lawn Fawn from their small stackables set.

So after she inspired me with her die cutting, I made these graduation cards using Mixed Edge Diamond Layering Basics by tonic studios.  I bought the set on sale at my local craft store.  While they were still nicely together, I thought I'd take advantage of their even spacing and inlay the pieces. 
I used the same dies to emboss an inner piece that I first die cut with Lawn Fawn Lift the Flap to conceal the gift card.  The congrats die is by Hero Arts.


And later in the week, A die I had been waiting on finally arrived... Kaleidoscope by Spellbinders.  Wow! Must have been the hexagons because again I couldn't stop!  I have a feeling this will be in yet another hexagon ZIA (Zentangle® Inspired Art) post as it will make an awesome reticulum, don't you think?  

FYI, all the cards shown above are A2 or 5.5 x 4.25 inches.

And just because...during an evening walk I caught the best light on these lovely roses.  I thought I'd  share them with you. 


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Without your inspiration the card would not look nearly so good! Thank you for letting me use your die cutter and helping me create such a beautiful card! Terry

    ReplyDelete