Thursday, June 1, 2017

Hex 4 Fragments

I hope you're enjoying my hexagon addiction.  This is Hex 4 and there's still no end in sight....

It took me awhile to realize the outer shape of the hexagon is the outer shape of a cube.  So I think my fascination started back when I was seeing the vesica piscis in a cube.  For those of you who are or have enjoyed A Beginners Guide to Constructing the Universe, I jumped from chapter 2 to 6 once I started with the 6 sided hexagon, or at least as soon as I realized it was a cube! 

The simple cube.

Here I die cut a set from from watercolor paper.  This time I left the pieces intact to draw the cubes and then color. I used Derwent Inktense pencils lightly and then added water.  (I'm still using the Papertrey Ink hexagon cover plate die.)

I also cut another from black cardstock and used its black reticulum.

Here is the final result turned into a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch (A2) card.  That's a Hero Arts Thanks die.

Back to the cube in the hexagon, it's really a center point with 3 radiating lines that form 3 diamonds. 

I filled in one of those diamonds.  I really liked that snowflake design created by the white diamonds when you put 3 tiles together. 

Can you see it better here?

There are really 2 tiles going on here.

A happy accident that occurred when I drew it in reverse.  Luckily I didn't toss that first one, instead I drew more of both versions.

I might have gotten a little carried away.  This is one (er, I guess 2!) of my favorite fragments.

And here I set them inside the reticulum so you can see the hexagons easier.  You can really get lost in rearranging the tiles.



And just for fun, a larger tile.  I cut it and it's card base using the Spellbinders Nestabilities hexagon dies.  


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment