Sunday, March 26, 2017

Yoo-hoo, more Enyshou?

More of this week's comfort tangle, Enyshou.  Here as a background for my 30 days of coloring project.  The stamp is from Delicate Florals By Penny Black and stamped with Memento ink.  I used Polychromos to color the image and then used Memento gray and blues sponged on for the background.  I used a Uniball Signo angelic white pen to tangle Enyshou over the ink background.  The white pen picked up some of the dye from the ink here and there and has a really nice blended effect (a happy accident).  I also used the stamp to accent the card interior and its envelope.  The background is subtle and hard to show in a photograph, but you can see it a little easier from the side.  This is also inspired by the Diva's weekly challenge.  If you missed this week, check it out here.

One night after going to bed, I realized I hadn't tangled any that day and since world events had me a little stressed, I picked up a tile and started drawing in bed. Yes, propped up against a pillow, sitting with the tile in my lap using the Zentangle kit box as my table.  I did the black ink that night (Pigma micron) and the gray ink (Graphik) I did the next day with the graphite background.  I wanted to try the white gel pen on top of the graphite, but it just wasn't showing up so I sat it aside for the day.  The next day I picked up a metallic silver Gelly Roll and was quite happy with that.  The graphite shading came next. Sometimes a tile comes together all at once, sometimes it needs to be coaxed.  Again, the silver is hard to see in a photograph, but from an angle, you catch a glimpse.  

Perhaps I'm relaxed enough to handle next week?  We'll see.  I hope you have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Betsy I absolutely adore your tile! And you know, I tangle a lot like you said. In bed with my kit on my lap, just before bedtime. I just love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful! How did I miss these? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete