Friday, October 7, 2016

Cards!

October is a busy card month for me as lots of friends and relatives of mine have birthdays, anniversaries or both!  Lucky for me, last Saturday was World Card Making Day!  I had had a stressful day prior, so a day of art therapy making cards was just what I needed.  So I "got my pagan on" (inside joke to some of my friends/students!) and lost time creating.  I had fun playing around with stamps and backgrounds.  Guess how many finished cards I ended up with that day?  ...ZERO!  But I had lots of bits of cards, just waiting to happen!
This week I finished up a few of the bits.
Stamped images by Paper Parachute, colored with Copic markers.
Stamped and heat embossed image by Inkadinkado, background is Brushos (concentrated watercolor crystals) on scrap watercolor paper.
Repeated stamping, image by Inkadinkado. (The envelope shows the single stamp)
A second Brushos background card using the same stamps as earlier but since this card was less vibrant with little contrast, I added Polychromos colored pencils to add some details and shading.
And just a peek at the interior of the card.  A small punch created this 3D cutout that is about the size of a nickel.  Punch by EK Success.
This spinner card was my first attempt.  I loved the northern lights look of the Brushos background.  Stamped and heat embossed images are by Paper Parachute.  I learned that the circle needs or be further away from the edge of the card or the spinning mechanism (made using two pennies!) sometimes gets off track there.  I definitely will be trying this one again....maybe incorporating some tangling?  Check out this YouTube for instructions on making a spinner card.  

So, 5 cards down and
??(Way too many to count) left to go!  I feel the need for some de-stressing with tangling now!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I'm still working on finishing my zendalas; will send pics when finished. Really loving my morning tangle time.......Deana

    ReplyDelete